SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Vice President, Roads and Infrastructure will be responsible for the overall management of the roads and infrastructure organization, within the Operations & Maintenance BU for SNC-Lavalin. He or she will plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate the existing long term major projects through the various project management teams and will lead or manage various New Business initiatives and opportunities. They will be a key participant in identifying, sourcing, developing and realizing new business opportunities. The VP Roads and Infrastructure will report to the SNC-Lavalin SVP Transportation Operations.
• Client Development – identify specific roads and infrastructure opportunities, make introductory approaches and develop relationships in a pro-active manner, leading towards business opportunities.
• Solutions Creation – work with clients and lead internal teams in the development of client/project specific solutions and proposals. As required, present business opportunities and business cases to the senior leadership team.
• Proposal Preparation – lead and develop, with the support of internal and external resources, client proposals and presentations and present these to prospective clients, partners or others. In some cases manage the development of large or small proposals that are sourced through means other than self-identified.
• Growth Objectives – maintain accountability for agreed upon growth targets within specific sectors and markets. Build critical relationships within roads and Infrastructure organizations.
• Lead and manage operational teams, supervisors and employees on a daily basis.
Asset Management – responsible for the oversight of the various long term rehabilitation and preservation programs for existing projects to maximize life of the assets, by optimizing timing and effectiveness of interventions while minimizing cost to ensure compliance with contractual Handback Requirements.
• Ensure safe operations, maintenance and rehabilitation activities by consistently complying with all rules and safety provisions of contracts and internal requirements.
• Foster employee and labor relations by acting as principal representative of the company to the community and organized labor.
Develop, apply and manage quality, environmental and safety & security plans for the various active projects to facilitate and ensure ongoing continuous improvement.
Work closely with both in-house and third party interdisciplinary business development teams to assemble compliant and competitive proposals.
Lead mobilization and start-up activities for new business opportunities and/or successful roads and infrastructure O&M procurements.
Lead and direct the development of large complex Public Private Partnership proposals, specifically relating to the long term operations, maintenance, rehabilitation and Handback requirements of such proposals.
Research, prepare and make Go-No Go presentations and recommendations regarding OM&R roads and infrastructure projects to Senior and/or Executive management.
Budgetary authority for both active projects and New Business project pursuit work
Knowledgeable of budgetary requirements and long-range planning.
Demonstrated ability to use sound business judgment and influence people of all levels.
• A proven team player with strong solutions orientation and people management skills.
• A person with impact who possesses a sense of urgency, has initiative, and can quickly establish credibility with internal resources.
• A person who is flexible, adaptable and resourceful, and not dependent on structure and established processes – someone with an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Experience in managing large business opportunities from identification through to closing in both structured and unstructured client environments.
• Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in English, (French is desirable)
• Computer literate including excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and similar business applications.
• Ideally located within commuting distance of the Greater Toronto Area