Our client’s success capitalizes on an impressive record of real estate and investment experience of its management team spanning many decades and succeeding across the different stages of the economic cycle. Its primary investment focus is in real estate and related services, including mortgage lending. They have active investments and projects throughout the North America, Caribbean and the UK.
They pride themselves on having a unique ability to fuse its lending and development experience in real estate financing for its institutional and individual investors places it in a distinctive category that few others in the industry have approached.
Underwriting analysis of property by:
• Sizing of loan proposals
• Where necessary, conduct a thorough Property Analysis by collecting and interpreting property financial statements:
o Operating Expenses
o Operating Budget
o Rent Roll
• Conduct a thorough Property Analysis by collecting and interpreting of 3rd party reports to determine any adverse issues or risks. Reports include:
o BCA report
o Environmental reports
o Structural survey
o Geographic surveys
• Where necessary, conduct a comprehensive review and précis of leases.
• Conduct site inspections
• Collect and review market-based research and maintain comprehensive knowledge of commercial market conditions across various asset types, classes and geographic areas. Conduct a thorough analysis of research material as it pertains to underwriting analysis and property class.
• Identify and articulate potential risks and strengths of deal
• Take initiative to ensure a complete, accurate review and analysis of loan information covered above. Determine acceptability of loan information and conditions to meet precedents set forth by LOI/Commitment letter.
• Compose and complete a comprehensive credit review for approval, ensure that all terms and conditions have been met. Be prepared to defend and explain the assumptions made in Property Analysis.
• Prepare LOI’s and commitment letters as per terms and conditions of deal
• Ensure Closing Department is fully up to speed with all Due Diligence material and maintain communications with Closing Department until loan is fully funded.
• 7-10 Years commercial lending experience including some lending experience with the U.S. market.
• Broad experience in analyzing all the major real estate products; retail, office, multi-family and industrial, together with hotels, public storage and land development.
• Experience with all loan types; construction, long term/permanent financing, mezzanine, bridge and land.
• Able to a prepare comprehensive, accurate and concise, yet detailed, credit reviews for loan approval.