Thank you for your interest, however this role has been filled.
Our client, a developer located in Markham, Ontario is looking to add a strategic and impact Senior Project Manager to their growing team. This position is open due to growth and success. The successful incumbent will report to the Executive/Senior Vice President. They will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of development functions, from project due diligence through building permit issuance. The Senior Project Manager will work closely with the land development team in execution of key project deliverables and provide direction to Project Managers, Project Coordinators, and the external consulting team.
Under the direction of the Executive Management Team, the Senior Project Manager will be a key player in completing the following:
• Implement new initiatives and processes.
• Supervise, motivate, train and develop direct reports (Project Managers and Project Coordinators)
• Oversee and manage the overall project by leading the day to day project approval and implementation process
• Be the lead contact and liaise with key stakeholders including all levels of approval agencies, sub-consultants, and other professionals
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
• Establish aggressive and achievable timelines for the project team and continuously follow-up as to their progress and provide input into the decision-making process.
• Review, edit, and monitor the quality of consultant technical reports and plans.
• Work with the finance department to assess project financing requirements in developing proformas, cashflow, and other financial reporting requirements for the project.
• Responsible for meeting the project schedule and managing the critical path.
• Responsible for meeting the project budget including soft costs and hard costs.
• Review, negotiate and implement various development agreements including pre-servicing, site plan, subdivision, utility, condominium agreements, etc.
• Manage the completion of key project milestones, approval and permit submissions, and construction/site works.
• Responsible for the preparation of project status reports, schedules, and budgeting reports for the executive management team and project partners, including coordination of colleague departments.
• Responsible for the monthly invoicing approvals for assigned projects.
• Complete individual performance assessments for Project Managers and Coordinators (in consultation with executive management).
• Support the executive management team as required for assigned projects including providing regular project updates highlighting action items and any potential risks to schedule and budgets.
• 5-10 years of experience with project management
• Experience specializing in project management with knowledge of the land development process.
• Knowledgeable in subdivision design including aspects such as storm water management, sewers and watermains, roads, grading, and earthworks
• Strong problem solving skills and communications skills
• Effective listening skills and ability to give and receive constructive feedback and collaborate with team members.
• Must be independent, collaborative and self-motivated.