FIELD SERVICES MANAGER
Reporting to the Contract Administration Practice Area Leader the Field Services Manager is responsible for supporting and coordinating the daily activities of junior Contract Administrators assigned to various land development projects throughout the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and nationally. Additionally, the Field Services Manager will support the project manager as a secondary client contact for all Contract administration related matters throughout the project. The incumbent is responsible for assuring the client’s needs are identified, monitored, and addressed is a timely manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviewing design drawings for constructability and providing feedback to designers and project managers as required.
• Coordinating and running internal workload and project kick-off meetings.
• Providing input on fee proposals for Contract Administration and Site Inspection related services.
• Recruiting, Training, Mentoring, and Management of junior employees, including EIT’s, summer students, junior inspectors etc.
• Keeping up to date with current construction processes and regulations, including ‘Construction Lien Act’ requirements.
• Working closely with various approving authorities and agencies within the GTA and nationally as may be required.
• Tendering ‘Site Plan’ and ‘Subdivision’ projects using various software platforms as well as using ‘traditional’ paper documents.
• Coordination with sub consultants and client teams for drawings and specifications in support of Bid document. Field Services Mngr JD Aug 2020.doc20 2 Job Description
• Reviewing and analyzing bids submitted by Contractors and providing recommendations to clients.
• Assist clients in negotiating with bidders and finalizing contracts for execution
• Coordinating and running meetings with Municipal Representatives, Clients, Other Consultants, and Contractors.
• Chair/attend project meetings with junior contract administrator.
• Conduct site reviews with junior contract administrators to assist with client service and conflict resolution.
• Provide constructability options to Owner and contractor in the event of site conflicts.
• Reviewing invoices, progress certificates, and change orders and working with junior staff to finalize Payment Certificates for client approval.
• Track schedules and keep the Project Manager and client constantly abreast of project status and progress.
• Implement Counterpoint Engineering contract administration processes and protocols to junior administrators.
• Review and assessment of project geotechnical reports and requirements
• High level review of onsite construction works to ensure the works are completed as per the construction drawings and agency specifications.
• Keeping track of project progress during construction, maintenance, and final assumptions.
• Resolving site issues as they arise and providing direction to contractors as required.
• Reviewing construction schedules to ensure works are completed on time.
• Working with ‘Contract Administration Team’ to develop operational improvements, policies, and processes and assist in preparing annual business plans.
• Participate in Business Development and Community Events.
As a Field Services Manager you will also be required to have an extensive understanding of civil engineering, construction methodology and client program processes and requirements including the following;
• Construction site safety requirements.
• Erosion and Sediment Controls and methods
• Construction material costing and estimating.
• Project scheduling of junior administrators.
• Client revenue forecasting.
• Project budget preparation and negotiation.
• Owners program/project requirements and deliverables.
• General understanding of Microsoft word/excel/outlook/project
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must work well in a team environment
• Basic knowledge of Ministry of Environment soil designations
. • Knowledge of Ministry of Labour rules and regulations as they pertain to construction.
1. Post-secondary engineering or civil technologist degree/diploma.
2. Minimum 7-10 years’ combined experience in inspection and contracts administration.
3. Full working knowledge of the municipal construction process and methods.
4. Ability to lead and manage the work of others.
5. Strong knowledge of various software tools and platforms related to Contract administration.
6. As a Field Services Manager you will be required to commute to and from the project locations as required to assist junior administrators and therefore must hold a valid driver’s licence and have access to a vehicle.